Thread: Snooker Table
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 10:08 PM

There are a few versions when I think back,i walked into a hall one day and they were 6 guys playing golf with 6 or 8 pins,if you knocked over the black pin it cost 25or35 stokes,each pin had a value and you start from pocket one up 6.There was a guy named Len who took a 100 strokes the first hole,these guys were twice as good as him and they were hustling him.

I new Len had just had some work done on his heart about 2 month's before this and he was white as ghost and almost 65 years old,so I got angry and told them Len was out that I would start where he left off at 100,i ended the game at 104 and he ended up ahead buy 40 strokes.I never took any money ,but on my way out he called me back and gave me his cue and I said oka cause this way I knew he wouldn't play again. That was 20 years ago and that is still my main snooker cue.Len never played again.

Last game of golf I ever played also,it can be a real cut throat game cause 3 players can block you from going in and the other 2 take your money,so I enjoyed my last game stopping there hustle.It's to long to go into all the math on the strokes,but it's a game where you learn angles and proper shot weight.Plus the game never turned me on,it's was just a waste of time and like you say it can last for hours on in .Sometimes we played with ten wooded pins,so I seen guys take out 5 pins in a shot if you were hooked and had to hit your ball.

It's not any where near a real snooker game because the whole deal about snooker is keeping the other player sitting and you keep potting till you miss or win the game.
Keeps you focused and in a steady pace which you can control to certain point.

Golf can be played with both snooker balls,but with less players and a set of 8 ball where up 8 can play ,15 plus the cue ball divded by 2 is 8 players, 7 even coluor sets like the 2 and 10 would be a pair because there both blue etc. ,last set the 8 and the cue ball.Lotsa places had there own versions so I don't know them all,but the basics I do know.

JD