View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philintheblank View Post
When I got my WIN card back in 2009 I think you had to check a box on the application that said something like you had taken a hunter safety course or held a hunting license in another province.

I got mine in Ontario so I checked the box, never needed to prove anything. seemed like a pretty big loop hole.
I took mine in Ontario as well and you had to turn in your paper saying you'd passed in order to get your first license. That was the "proof". You can email them and they will send you the Hunters Ed number which I have entered into my WIN account.

On the OPs situation, while it might be a bit greasy to lure her in, in the end if a person knows they are hunting without having passed the required course, it's on them. As for the "first time hunter" angle, the actual act will define what that means legally, and you can be sure it doesn't mean "as long as you got away with it once you're okay."

Take the course - I've hunted a long time and I still wouldn't object to taking the course again every few years.