View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:04 PM

Props to you man. Not many able to pull themselves outta debt like that when money gets tight. Debt scares the hell out of me. I live by a motto that anything I cannot afford to outright buy, I should not buy (with few exceptions of course, such as housing/land).

Never financed a vehicle in my life—I look hard and buy good deals on used vehicles. When I wanted a sled, I saved up and spent a ton of time looking for a real good deal and picked one up for $3k. Travel trailer? Bought a cheap one that worked perfect for me. Same with my gooseneck. Credit cards? I keep my limit very low and only use it for gas and certain purchases. Now I want a skid steer for the winter. Going to sell a few things, get some cash back, and look on Kijiji/FB marketplace/other sites everyday for a good price on one and I’ll buy it with cash when the time presents itself.

I don’t know. Hate to sound like I am bragging and I’m a young guy with no wife or kids (I know they’re real expensive) still so maybe I don’t get the whole “keeping up with the Joneses” thing yet. But never cared for it. Why do I give a damn about what others have and what they think of what I have? None of my business nor is mine their’s. Mortgage is the only payments I plan to be a slave to. Keeps life simple!!