View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
The goal was never to wipe out the disease but ease overloading hospitals. They are testing hundreds of thousands a day down here now and many positives never knew they were sick. Hospital overload and death counts are the key. Here as posted over 80% of the terminal folks were over 80. Focus needs to be 80% about looking after the older folks if not more.
It’s a virus. It’s not going away this year, next, or any year after. Mother Nature put the ability to mutate in nearly everything, including us.
Sure, come on down I’ll take you fishing. One thing we Americans dont do is hide under our beds when things get rough. Maybe we just make the bed legs shorter than other countries do?
Osky
I'm not sure it's hiding under a bed. I think a better analogy is using common sense and following health professionals vs. political leaders. Many US political leaders have openly gone against what their health community has recommended, and many citizens have willingly followed that advice. The result is a country that leads the world in infections, with massive increases every single day. US hospitals are currently ramping up admissions in those new hot spots, and as everyone should know by now, admissions lag days or weeks behind the infection rate increases.