View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 12:09 PM

All the times I have had my various trucks into various Dodge shops mysteriously no problem was found until a catastrophic failure occurred or it was not covered under warranty or they fixed one issue, charged money for other services not approved and broke something else expensive and tried to hide it.
One shop did the first 5 oil changes but never greased my front drive shaft once. When it failed I went in for warrenty work and asked how a driveshaft failed in 40,000 km. I was told because it wasnt greased. Turns out neither were the two fittings in the ball joints. $2200 later.
I went back to the 5 star shop and asked for all my oil.change records. Then asked the service manager how come none of my grease fittings were greased. "He responded my journyman who inspects the trucks has told me there are no grease fittings" as I said lets go look under my truck and take a look. He refused to go because he was in a fancy suit. I grapped his tie and kinda led him like a dog under my truck and pointed out the three greese fittings that had never been touched by his shop.
Magically his "journeymen" was there and stated I have never been under one of these new trucks yet. Good to know thanks I will pass this onto the oil change guys.
Similar story with them working on my truck fixing injectors. Charged full shop rate promised their senior diesel tech was working to fix the issue. Turns out it was their third year apprentice who didnt know diesels but new how.to use the scanntool. In doing so did not know how to perform the tests properly. That cost 10,000.

The dealership just walks away.
Corporate Head quarters lays the blame in the truck owner to "ensure competent fully qualified trained people do the warrenty approved work" turns out the Local dodge dealer in Barrie Ont or Cold lake Ab did not have properly trained staff.

How about when they changed my instrument cluster due to a failure. Scratched the new one so bad you had a hard time seeing the speed. At the same time they broke my driver side mirror and some how my rear slider. Said nothing to me. I would not have been able to prove the mirror other then they didnt clean the paint off from their hoist that matched the plastic left on the hoist.
The rear slider well the tech shouldnt have left his screw driver.