View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Care to share with us your revenue plan where it makes money on a 5.2 -7B expenditure?
MY Revenue Plan? open a pot shop as close to the village as possible = profit.

But hey, between renovations/construction costs/tourism/etc, I'm sure other people will be making money as well.

Quote:
The tourism created from the olympics would bring a huge influx into canada which is great for our economy for many years following the games.

Calgary and Canada already spends millions and millions of dollars to attract tourism. Do you think we should spend 5-7B more for this?
It's not $5B, it's $3B, Big difference. Go do some research. 2.2B is from the IOC & tickets.

Quote:
Care to share the huge influx details in terms of actual dollars? I hear this all the time but never see any documented data. Remember it has to be incremental tourism dollars over and above what would be coming already
Then why'd you ask? Tourism Numbers (just like any stat) are a farce. Define Tourist?

I can tell you I personally know ALOT of people who made big money from Canada's 150th due to tourism last year (upwards of 4x previous years). And it didn't take a genius to figure it out as BANFF (and the park) was insanely busy last year, yes, moreso than usual.