View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 10:40 PM

Default I have a few cams

I have the cheap Eyo cam with IR lighting (2023), I have the original Cabelas fish hunter 10 inch screen (early 2000 ish) and i had and aqua view 614C [2024}, that bought used once and was defective from cabelas, have since bought a used Aqua view 614c[2017]. All of the cameras have there good and bad, at night time you have to remember light or IR need something to bounce off of. At night i have been able to use all of these units the trick is to point them vertical straight down and they will all work.Tthe view is limited to about 6-15 feet depending on the camera, the eyo is about 6 feet with the IR option, the Cabela's has both IR and white light, it is good for about 10-15 feet at night straight down, the Aqua vu, is about the same at night 10-15 straight down, as for day time they all show fish about 15-20 feet away depending on water clarity (sylvan lake), after that is becomes a shadow on the screen. I have the expensive ones and the cheap ones, if you take care and use caution the Eyo will last for year my fishing buddy had his for 6 years now and still works like new, i guess it all depends if you treat the $120 Eyo with the same care you would the $1200 marcum or the $600 Aqua vu, then it will probable last just as long. The eyo is deffenitly made to get replaced every 3-5 years, at the cheap price point it serves as its intended purpose. and on the bright side technology is always improving so new cams will get better over time. just my $0.25 lol