View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I wonder what percentage of McMillan stocks break?
According to Kelly McMillan himself,on average they replace 2-3 stocks/year out of nearly 13,000/ year that they produce.Lets call that 2.5 broken stocks/year or 1 in 6500 =0.00019%......not bad I'd say.😉
Hogie^^ should buy a lotto ticket,lol....or maybe wear a helmet hunting if he's that hard on gear,haha.😝
KM also said the #1 cause of their stocks breaking is horses rolling on a scabbarded rifle,#2 being quad roll overs,in both cases they tend to break at the weakest point which is between the bolt notch and trigger cut out.
Regardless,all McM stocks are guaranteed repair or replace for life wether you are original owner or if it's a 20yr old stock you bought off of e-Bay,just pay S&H.

FWIW,if it's any indication of their toughness,McM has been making stocks for the USMC for over 40years since 1975.That said,if Uncle Sam's Misguided Children trust McM stocks to carry into battle and crack skulls with,pretty safe bet that it won't let you down on that Marco Polo hunt.