View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Jean talks about a grass roots government but is constantly making policies and presenting them without ever discussing it with members. He is top down all the way and that will not work.

A lot of folks on here should do a lot more research in the next week or so as Kennys ACTIONS are actually reflecting a grass roots philosophy. Do not take my word for it do some research, Kenny has shown it many times.

Jean has acted outside the bounds of the party’s constitution, such as when he decided to unilaterally suspend Derek Fildebrandt from the party, or when he made policy proclamations during the 2015 election debate that hadn’t even been discussed by membership.

We’ve also seen Brian try to dictate policy during this leadership campaign, by releasing detailed policies he supports, again, before the membership has decided. This is what he did while he was leader of the Wildrose, so it’s no surprise he’s continuing that style now, but it’s certainly not what we want in a leader.

Jason has committed to letting membership decide the policy and platform of the UCP. In fact, his 5 point unity plan called for a policy convention before a leader was chosen, so that the leaders could take their cues from membership on policy. It was Brian that insisted the leaders were chosen first, so that membership could take cues from him on policy.

Jean says "grassroots" but his actions are 100% top down. I have seen that in the previous PC government and it was a big part of their demise. It appears Jean has learned nothing from this and I will not support him.
Jean has already said he'll follow whatever policies the members come up with. Has also put out what he believes, and would like to see in new policy. Kenney has said where he stood on things in the debates, but hasn't put pen to paper and said this is how I personally view things. I'd like to select a leader who's view, I know lineup with my own.