View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:25 PM

The XPS Rib Michelins in the LT225/75R16 tires are 29.4 inches tall, load rated at 2680 lbs.
You can hold a tape up to your existing tires and compare spacings between them and upper fenders etc. to see how much clearance you'll have.
If you go to the LT 245/75R16's they are 30.6 inches tall, and load rated at 3042 lbs if you need the capacity.
I personally would check it out with a tape. The 245's are the way to go if they fit.

On my current tri-axle RV I turfed the china bombs within days of getting it home when I bought it. I googled the make and I could buy a c-can load of them for $38 a piece!!!!! This is the #$#@#$# that manufactures put on our trailers! These are G rated 110psi tires as well.
I put Goodyear G614 RST tires on it. NOT cheap, about $400 a tire!!! But two years in I have not touched them and I have monitors on the rims for psi and temps and I have not had to add air yet and they run cool.

As a side note, I inflate my trailer tires as per the load inflation chart once I've run it across a scale. My 110 psi tires are set at 92 psi based on the heaviest load they will carry with the trailer full of water and quads. this makes them run cooler, and not over inflated wearing out the centre of the tread.
This doesn't apply to china bombs though, those you want fully inflated.
My previous XPS Ribs I ran at 68 psi (80 psi rated)going by the chart for the load they were carrying.