View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Its been a couple of years since my last trip to Dore. We stayed at Tower Lodge.

Stupid easy fishing but you needed a bigger boat with alot of fuel to get to the good areas (T Bay).

When its on, it on with 26 " ++++ walleye and some very good pike.

There is a channel with about 14 FOW up on the NE Corner that we stumbled upon.

One of the few places where I have seen whole schools of minnows jumping out of the water like herring on the coast because of the walleye and pike chasing them.

After a few hours, we just got tired of fighting fish and decided to try another spot. The next spot was a different tactic, and even though a few miles away, the fishing was just as good.

We did burn almost all of our fuel by the time we made it back though, which was a little stressful on such a big lake.

These fish love the biggest Chrome and Blue Rattle Traps that you can buy, so stock up before heading out there, take lots of extra gas, and enough water and food for the boat in case it blows up and you cannot make it back at night.

Drewski
How was the fishing around tower lodge itself? Like in the bay or around the point to the south west? I have an 18 foot Lund with a 115HP, but if it’s real windy, I won’t be venturing to T-Bay. Going for the first time June 2nd.