View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Just wondering what's the best piece of hunting/ shooting gear you have added/ found to your kit since last season? Or if nothing new what's your old never without? Mine is definitely scope shield. I spent 3 days last year fighting wet snow foggy lenses and butler creek scope craps while hunting. Spent a few hours researching and came across the scope shield product and now all my hunting rigs have one.

What's your greatest product find ?

None of my gear is "last year" but I put some seriously hard core flip up lens covers on my scope some years back. Tried he butler creek crap but it's just that, crap. The eyepiece cover always slapped me on the eyebrow when I shot and they tend to not last very long and they're made very flimsy. I can't recall offhand the brand name of the ones I did buy, but I paid for them and am happy I did so. If anybody is really interested, PM me I'll check on the brand.

I can tell you this, they tighten onto the scope, not just slip on. They have a very positive connection and they're weather, and likely water, proof too.
They are very well made! I bought clear lens covers so I can use them to spot through but they come in yellow and just plain old black plastic too if I recall correctly. Oh, and when I fire, the cover on the back of the scope doesn't slap me in the face. They have very strong springs!

Other than that, my most important pieces of gear are the scope itself (a Swarovski X5 3.5 - 18 x 44 with ballistic turret) and my range finder (Leupold).
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***