View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
The biggest misconception in the anti hunting world and what antis most like to relay to the public is that hunters "get off" on killing things. I have never witnessed this in the real world but every hunting personality seems to be more into the killing than the hunting.

If hunting shows were more about the hunt and less about the kill I might actually watch them. As they are now I am embarrassed to be lumped into the same group.

True outdoorsmen do not hunt to kill, they kill to have hunted. The trophy, the meat and the memory are the added bonus not the reason for getting out there.

Anyway, IMO the kill shot should never be aired nor should the ridiculous high fiving, fist pumping and self congratulating. Act like that when you are out with me and you better have made arrangements for another ride home. Anyone with an IQ higher than a duck and even the slightest bit of empathy is touched by death. Most admire the beauty of the animal, reminisce for a moment and become truly thankful of the bounty. Dancing around like an idiot is just too pathetic for me to watch.
Completely agree with this, in every respect. Now I don't have to type it. Well said. TC

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone