Thread: 30 cal???
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Well hopefully my new 6.5 is ready come fall and I can see first hand what it will do on a moose. Otherwise it'll have to fall to the .284cal
The 6.5's are awesome. I have a 65x55 based on an old M96 action and another one based on a newer HVA that I can run with higher pressures. It is now at Ron Smiths getting a new barrel. Keeping them within their performance perimeters the 65.55 certainly exceeds normal expectations for a small dia. bullet and I don't think taking a Moose would present even the smallest issue. The .280 is a great alternative at greater distances, for sure and another great caliber. My go- to was a 7STW for many years and it never let me down.

I never did hunt with a .30 cal. I have a .308 Norma that hasn't had much other than target use since I got on the mid-bore kick a few years ago.

All ctdgs have their place and it appears they keep us all interested in discovering what they are all about. Have fun .