View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFK View Post
When did the ABA support the mule deer draw? We had a committee together to bring factual information forward from hunters to try and fight it. From my understanding at the first agmag meeting Srd had their minds made up before they even sat down. Unless you are talking about making an archery only draw? Yes after bowhunters lost general opportunities we would like a kick at the cat.

Yes I am an executive member.

Yes I support this proposal 100% why would I want to bludgeon an animal to death with a pointy stick.

I would have to double check emails but I'm sure these proposals either go out in newsletters or emailed through the members list.

So I commented stating my opinion and you saw my neck and now your going for the finishing blow?

First, don't take anything here as a personal attack against you... unless you happen to be this Brent fellow.

Second, I am not looking to "finish you off", in fact I appreciate you stepping forward to provide some 'light' in dark places.

My Mule Deer comment is in reference to the ABA proposing that an "Archery Mule Deer Special License" be 'exclusive'; ie. you could not apply for / build priority in both the archery and all weapons seasons at the same time.

I am curious as to the membership of the ABA: has the executive ever polled its members to find out how many are solely bowhunters vs. rifle and bow hunters? Is the ABA supposed to represent all its members, or only the ones who are "real bowhunters", you know, the kind that refuse to pick up a rifle come November?

I find your "bludgeon an animal to death with a pointy stick" completely fallacious. Maybe you don't know what a "spear" is? Or maybe you don't want to look at the obvious similarity between an arrow and a spear? You do realize how an animal dies when shot with a broadhead?