View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Yes, and they have replaced the starter. He says he won’t accept that as a repair. Warranty also doesn’t need to happen with the wave of a wand. Like I said it’s a crappy situation but the warranty is being adhered to. Poorly, but none the less, they are attempting repairs. As I asked though, does every warranty claim warrant a new vehicle?

The few scenarios I see where a new vehicle is supplied is when a fault that could be proven causes the vehicle to burn down or some other disaster where replacement would be obviously cheaper than a new vehicle. A possible starter issue will never require a vehicle replacement.

I’m glad you know people that were arbitrated new vehicles, are they the rule or the exemption that proves the rule?
This is the frustrating part. The first time it went in I would not take it until they did something so they said they changed the brake switch which I suggested. The second time it went in they called after one day to say they don’t know what’s wrong with it. I suggested they consider changing the starter because it won’t throw a code, flat out no was given. Now it’s been there for two weeks and BBB sent them the complaint. Since I suggested the starter they got Chrysler engineering involved and they don’t know what’s wrong with it either. Now they want to change the starter but not for another week. At this point it’s a new vehicle if they put a starter in it then their problem goes away but it’s still not fixed, pretty sure engineering has considered the starter and omitted that. Now after a few months and then it happens again it is no longer a new vehicle and I am screwed. I have not yelled or screamed at anyone and have bluntly described my situation to them several times. They know that the starter change with me taking it makes every issue go away but still have a jeep that will leave me stranded. Pretty stressed about it all.

Last edited by Jims83cj5; 01-23-2022 at 11:00 AM.