View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I have heard a few stories of people being given a ticket for every license they've held without having their hunters ed course.
If someone who has been hunting for two decades gets their course today, that's still 20 years of licenses without the course. Are they still going to get fined for those?
What if they decide its not worth the trouble, and stop hunting?
Seems to me there is some kind of date specified somewhere in there, though admittedly, it is clear as mud. Fines can add up though. This young guy and his buddies were into both rifle and archery. Young single guys. So, in his pocket he would have an elk tag every year (open for archery in his wmu), 3 Whitetail, and Mule Deer (again archery). That's 5 tags a year. IIRC, he was hunting for about 4 years at the time. Fine was substantial. I have no idea what the max fine is, but kinda sounds to me like that is what they gave him. So much easier to do it the right way. Course is $100, and while some of it seems not that applicable, it is an interesting course, as I have went through it with my son and daughter.