View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Accuracy is urine poor. I can start with a spic and span bore. Fire a few to foul and then start shooting for groups. Maximum round count I can get decent accuracy is 25 total and it’s nothing special. Starts spraying after that. Before handloading commenced it had shot factory 32gr V-max really well. So I ran some of that through as a baseline and it was terrible in comparison to early in its life. I’ve checked and rechecked everything I’m doing at the loading and shooting bench as I was sure it must be a flaw in my process but not so. I alternated rifles a bit today while shooting to test myself and one was great; the rifle in discussion, not so much.

I have got this pipe hot in the gopher patch on more than one occasion. I’m ashamed to say how hot it has been to be quite honest - the stupidity of youth. With the responses both related to heat, likely it’s my own bloody fault and I cooked it. See what the scope reveals. Thank you for the responses.
What are you using as a copper solvent? Once the small bores become copper fouled, accuracy can really fall off.