View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceba View Post
Watch out at the AFGA AGM. I just heard that resolution will be brought forward in support of OPEN SPACES.

BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Alberta Fish & Game Association is in support of the proposed Sustainable Resourse Developement's " OPEN SPACES ALBERTA"
pilot program as presented in it's preliminary form to this association.
I suspect that a few individuals from AFGA will come on here to tell us all that you propose a resolution in the affirmative so if it is defeated it sends a much clearer message. I don’t disagree.

I am, however, confused by the wording of this resolution, and I wonder why it was not phrased:

BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Alberta Fish & Game Association is in support of the proposed Sustainable Resource Development’s “OPEN SPACES ALBERTA” pilot program. (Period)

It appears to me, that any changes to the “preliminary form” on Open Spaces would require a new directive from the AFGA executive and/or membership. I think this confuses the issue and I would love to know why "as presented in it's preliminary form to this association" was included in the resolution. Regards, Mike