View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Banned

Mathews.
yes I think the present program seems to work. I have some issues with it and would like to see it modified. But its better than no access what so ever
Myself personally I have never been denied access to Lease land, without a good reason. In fact the one piece I asked about, I was turned down on, but I was given access to his private land.

As for the outfitters taking up much of the land.. Where in the hell is this happening??? I have hunted from Medicine Hat to Crows nest pass to Loyd to Manning and a bunch of points in between.. I am just not seeing it. I am not saying it is not there, but I haven't ran into. (as far as lease land goes)

Sure there is room for improvement in any program, nothing is perfect.

I REALLY think one of the fights we should be fighting is why is that Non Residents can come up here every year and hunt for MD (as a example) but we have to wait. I think outfitter tags should be available to people from Alberta. Sure they are going to cost some $$$, but why are we discriminating against the people in this province that can afford it? It seems this proposal may address that a bit.

Jamie