View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmike View Post
I would have no problem shopping south of the border to find a cheaper boat, but I'm wondering if anyone could enlighten me about what it takes to get the boat back in Canada??? ie. Duty's, paperwork, Warranty limitations, etc...

Any kind of feedback on this would be greatly appriciated!!
It's quite simple, really... Phone a couple of dealers down in MONTANA as they specialize in these type of things. Once you get your paperwork, you have to get the trailer registered in CANADA. It's REALLY freakin' stupid but that's the way it goes. You have to take it in to a place like CANADIAN TIRE and then pay them around $200.00 to say that the trailers is 'Worthy' of being in CANADA. It's really bizarre and I'm not sure why Transport Canada would make you do such a thing... I've seen utility trailers on the road that make me freakin' cringe !

Anyhow, there's a few threads on here that will take you to the proper sites, but normally a 'GOOD DEALER' will have EVERYTHING you need in order to get it across. Once you find the boat you want, you'll have to make sure to get insurance and have your TITLE if it is a State requiring you to have one....

There's a Dealer in Kalispell that 'specializes' in CANADIAN purchases and can run it through with you... I can't remember the name but they should be very easy to find... They had some AWESOME deals on MIRROCRAFT boats if I remember correctly. Guy's name was "Steve" if I'm not mistaken... I think the place might have been called "Kalispell Marine"...

Cheers,

/FC...