View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash8 View Post
I think the rut needs to be separated into phases and right now from what I have seen in the field is Pre Rut activity and possibly into the Seeking Phase, maybe not everywhere but where I go, it is.

I saw two smaller buck sparring two weeks ago with doe's in the same field. Were they boned up and ready to go? No, just messing around and had nothing to do with the doe's other than sharing a place to eat. Lager mature buck that we seen and were common a month ago are now rarely seen and almost nocturnal based on camera evidence obtained.

In my experience, my favorite time to hunt Whitetails is the third and last week of November when most of the does have been bred and the dominant and smaller bucks vacate the Tending Phase and start looking for any remaining does that have not been given a healthy shot of baby batter. For me, this is when I see bucks all day, usually on the run with their nose to the ground looking for the fragrant aroma of a doe that is still ready to go.

I think we have a way to go yet before it gets crazy. Good luck everyone!
Yup different phases for sure and depending on the way you hunt you will prefer different phases

Pre rut has definitely started I have bucks sparing on cam and new bucks have appeared into doe heavy areas.

Personally I like the middle 2 weeks because the bucks I have scouted are getting dumb but tending the does in the area. I actually hate the 3 week because the bucks I have scouted scatter and I am relying on random bucks