View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
I'm bumping this for the sake of Fish along and landowner.

I thought my hip and knee were both cr#pping out, but it turned out to be just my hip.
The surgeon told me that the only problem with my knee is mild arthritis, normal for my age. He said everyone with a hip problem is "fooled" because the nerve impulses travel to the thigh, then to the knee which make the knee feel painful.
They also travel sideways and make the back feel painful.

Anyway I had my hip replacement Oct 3rd. The surgeon took another look at my x-rays and decided that my case is an "emergency" because the ball and socket were almost non-existent.
Without surgery I stood a good chance of becoming permanently crippled, so he went ahead.

The pain was horrendous afterwards, but "different" somehow. There's no such thing as "good pain" but it seemed to indicate healing. That's the only way I can explain it. Sorry.

The pain has been easing, even if I miss a pain-killer dose, and I'm almost walking with a cane although I usually still use a walker. Looks like its healing well. I have an appointment with the clinic for more x-rays and I think I'll get good news. I hope to be walking normally in a few weeks.

The bottom line is get it done because its probably the smartest move you can make.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ee+replacement

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ee+replacement
Im glad to hear that your surgery was successful although much pain. i have a friend who recently had a hip replacement and loads of pain afterwards as well but hes doing better every day. All the best to you sir.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.