View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
For you maybe- my snowplowing invoices say different. Lloydminster has gotten 8" and we got 2" many times, or Edmonton gets a foot and we get zip. Odd place.
I think in the last 15 years that I've lived in Slave Lake, I can only remember two winters where we did not get a ton of snow. One would be last year, and the other would have been around 08-09 ish. I'd agree that the worst snow was 13-14, working in Red Earth that winter I dont think I saw bare pavement on highway 88 from mid October to mid March. I once watched a deer (well, mostly just its ears sticking out of the snow) need to stop and rest several times making about a 30 yard trip from the road to into the bush. I can remember seeing the rabbits running down the roads in the morning, presumably because there was too much snow in the ditches... you know things are getting extreme when a critter called a " Snowshoe Hare" doesnt even want to deal with the snow.

Last edited by Bushleague; 10-17-2021 at 01:18 PM.