Thread: Wasp nests
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Now that the leaves are mostly gone, I seem to be noticing a lot of wasp nests.
This did seem to be a busy year for wasps, so the number shouldn't be surprising.
What I do find interesting is how many nests I'm seeing so close together. I am finding two or three nests within spitting distance.
Is this a normal thing I've just never noticed before?
Are you guys seeing this out on your travels?
This also makes me wonder about the theory of wasps being territorial, and hanging a fake nest to scare away wasps from your yard.
Normally they don’t nest close by unless out of sight.

Interesting article I read said most people hate them yet all summer they are munching tons of bugs people don’t like in their gardens.

Only in the Fall when they stop getting fed the sugary excretions in here nest that they start seeking sugary stuff like people’s drinks and food.

I was thinking my wasp control needs changing. Likely a small chunk of meat in a trap would be better in the summer for bait and then apple juice in the Fall.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin