View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan4570 View Post
All in all, very surprised about the bites from the larvae. I've never had one bite me and I always assumed they were too small to penetrate human skin. Hence why they have a life cycle of attaching to different hosts (mice/birds, then on to larger creatures when they evolve to nymph and then adult) they don't attach for life. They drop off a host every year to lay eggs. And male ticks don't pass lymes or feed on your blood(same as misquitoes).
It doesn’t work like that with these ticks. They are single host ticks, usually moose, to a lesser extent elk, and even less deer. They literally hatch, climb up the vegetation, grab on to a moose and spend their childhood, teenage years, and adulthood, lol, on one single animal. They fall off that animal mid spring, females lay eggs in early-mid summer, eggs hatch late summer, and so on. Hence, why these particular ticks do not carry any disease they can pass on to us. I was their first meal, for those that managed to bite me. The upside is that I was their last too, in all likelihood, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan4570 View Post
Most people I talk to, say they've never seen a tick.. but you can't get ticks hunting from the truck 🤣🤣
Lol.