View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 11:54 AM

I now noticed that I mentioned “unusual weather” on a few occasions in my posts. Bet you that is the culprit of it.

Some others suggested (including in PM’s) that they have been hunting some areas for years/decades but only ran into them for the first time last year or this. I have been hunting these areas for a few years as well and never saw them before last year. Surely they have been around. My cousin mentioned that he did see a few of them years prior and had similar bite or two, but the past couple of years are just insane. I hunted through them last year (ran into them for the first time end of September and only shot the bull on November28), but this year they are really in my head, lol.

People mentioned they ran into them in 526 and 527 as well, so all the surrounding areas.

Last year, I only found them closer to the river, I’d say as high as 1/3 up the valley (from the river), where I figured not only most of the moose and elk spend most of their time, but also maybe perfect humidity, etc. this year I ran into them as high as 2/3 up the valley or higher. Brutal.