View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 09:29 AM

Every year I get covered in ticks. Whether its shed hunting in the spring (adult ticks) or hunting in fall(even when there's snow) I get a few hundred baby ticks on me.

Aside from being disgusting, the baby ticks are relatively harmless. I've never been bitten by one and I'm pretty certain moose or winter ticks aren't known to carry lymes.
I hunt mostly 250 and 254. And I agree, it would seem that being a dry year we would see less. But I have still have a few hundred on myself and my boys. I carry lint rollers, they work fantastic at picking them up and adhering them to the lint roller sheets.

In the spring. I splash peppermint oil all over my boots and pants. And as much as some naysayers says it won't work. It does. I clock hundreds of hours pushing bush for shed antlers and never get a tick when I use peppermint oil or other strong essential oils that are known to repel ticks.

I also wear light brown or light Grey pants and tuck my pants into my boots. That really shows those red ticks easy.

Last edited by Dan4570; 10-12-2021 at 09:41 AM.