View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 11:58 PM

^ Haha. Don’t think I could. If it was warm, with gentle sun in your face… Man… I’d take that nap any day, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfalls View Post
I know you were hunting elk, but that buck was a shooter in my books. Kinda blurry but deer meat is yummy.
All mule deer, all on draw. So no shooters for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
Really great stuff. On such a short trip it’s so rewarding to see game
Yep, seeing them doing their thing is pretty great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Did you remember a soft cushion for your chair too lol
That would be way too many things to carry there and back and I am too lazy for that, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
Looks like a nice set up! Good luck !
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmog View Post
That's a nice setup. Thanks for sharing
Yep.

The hard day of hunting didn’t pan out as I had some things to do and it was crazy windy all day. Could be a good thing, but I didn’t go. Went up to the field today for about an hour again though. The wind was brutal! I was dressed as I usually would be hunting in low under 0 temps, including a toque and gloves. I am not usually the first person to get cold, but I still got cold! I have no idea how people sit in blinds or tree stands when it is actually cold. It showed 9 degrees in the vehicle when I got there, but that cushion would be very helpful today, lol. I was wearing long johns too! Just brutal wind that takes the heat right out of you.

A giant goose flying by was the first thing I saw when I came:

The cloud, of course, haha.

Then a couple of deer:

The one at the front has virtually no spread. Not a good pic to show. I likely shot his father a few years ago. No spread and lots of mass was on that one.

Then, when in my “blind”, a few real geese passed by. They came up from the valley, right above the trees on the other side of the field and continued very low all the way to me. They look kind of high on the photos, for some reason, but they weren’t:

Then a few more:

Like I said, the wind was simply brutal. Those geese could feel it more than me though, you could see by their trajectory.

Didn’t think I would see much today, but some deer did pop out, in addition to the few that were already there.

Nothing too close like last time, but these two guys have been having fan with each other at least until I left:

It’s funny how with this strong and noisy wind you can’t hear the antlers rattling, but once you look at them doing it, you clearly hear every time their antlers touch each other quite a distance away. One sense helping out the other to separate the noise. Pretty cool stuff how it works.

Also, the brute came out today. I have been watching him for 2-3 years now and never managed to take a good pic yet.

Always behind. You can probably see which one it is just from his body size compared to others (kind of in the middle on the first pic and behind the bush on the other two; he never came out from there before I left). Massive deer. Beautiful rack too. You can see the mass on that last pic, the spread on the first and somewhat the height on the second, even though they are pretty grainy. There are a couple of them there like that. Haven’t seen the other one for a while. Hopefully still around.

And a few more deer:

That one looking in my direction is also a pretty good deer. He is looking because I just sent a bugle out.