View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 06:55 AM

In the last couple of months I've been moving stuff to storage, cleaning the wals in the old house, up and down and hanging on ladders, disassembling benches, loading and unloading the trailer and truck etc. Been more than a few days where something is sore, I haven't taken any painkillers, usually a hot bath in the evening takes care of the worst of it. Managed to twist/sprain one knee last wk, just kept going on it, it is thankfully almost back to normal, still a bit wobbly feeling in certain positions, but, working OK. My lower back is my gauge for the endurance level for the day, used to be about 12hrs on my feet, then it would hit, these days at age 66, it is down to about 4-6 hrs on concrete, about 4 hrs of constant lifting and moving etc. That one is due to a accident 35 yrs ago, it has pretty easy to get along with even still. This move has helped in a lot of ways, I have discovered muscle groups I didn't know could ache, but, all in all, doing pretty good. I do find myself just plodding slowly along, taking my time, taking a couple of minutes to sit to power up again when ever I please. I needed the workout, the tough part will be keeping up the constant exercise after the move is done. Once I have the garage fixed up with insulation, wallboards, gas, the fencing done and, some storage built, that is about when I'll consider it done. There will be a level of suck to it, some days higher than others, but, I keep going at it, Old, fat, out of shape bastard that I am.