View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 06:27 PM

Not sure if this qualifies, but I saved myself some bux.

There is a product for RVs that one snaps a shade cloth to the outside windows to prevent the glass from gathering the thermal energy from the sun, in turn heating the interior.

I got some window screen from Co-op and made some for my unit. A 3'x7' roll I believe. (It comes in black as well as some camo or other patterns, but I went with black)

The online product uses a 3M snap (vinyl I think) with the associated adhesion product.

I used lego as my snap device. Cut screen to size, adhered thin lego piece to vinyl window surround with clear 732 silicone, let set and snapped a lego block sandwiching the shade cloth in place.

Makes a world of difference, still allows through breeze and survived that crazy wind we just went through in the north. Seems to add a bit of privacy as well, though I didn't really check that aspect.

About $25 all in since I had the silicone and lego bits on hand. Covered 3 windows. Easy to remove for driving and hard to notice the thin square white pieces on the white trailer.