View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 PM

Default Online Hunting Course

The people who have a problem with this being online are obivously missing the point. Yes it is easy to cheat.. yes it is easy to get someone else to write the exam for you... yes there is the possibility that the people who now pass will not be as educated as previous individuals... but at the end of the day this increases the oppurtunity to get people registered and out there hunting! THAT IS A GOOD THING! Besides, lets be realistic here, that course doesn't give you the ins and outs of hunting anyways.. those are best taught by an experienced grandparent/parent/friend. No one goes and writes the exam and goes out hunting without being with an experienced hunter first anwyays.. they wouldn't even know were to start! That course isn't going to teach you that... at least it didn't for me when I was a kiddo. This online course makes it easy for me to get some of my friends involved though. They didn't want to take the time to go on the weekend course or grab the book and go down to the wildlife office and write the exam but with it online it is easy to do from home. Who cares if they have the book open when they write the exam.. they are still going to have to come out to the field with me and that is when the real hunting education begans...