View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Elk.. We did.. Thats exactly why this trade was made. Come one everyone knows that... You think it was for Loochs good looks? This was 100% about cap space. (I was wrong it's not $500,000 but in fact $750,000 worth of cap space per year)We traded what was a useless part for a part your team that was useless. BUT we got the got space that we needed. and thats why MT signed up again.
So yeah.. THANK YOU. Seems it might have worked out well for both sides. Interested to see how you guys feel about this if it costs you another draft pick and things continue to slide down hill for the real deal. it's early though.
It’s $500K. Check CapFriendly if you want.

Of all the possible ways to save $500K in cap space to sign a player, you think acquiring Looch’s contract was the best way, or even a GOOD way, to do it? I want some of what you’re smoking...

Calgary wanted out from under Neal, EDM was desperate to get out from under Lucics contract. They both took a chance it would work out for them. James Neal is who he is, and that’s OK by me. If he does nothing more this year it’s already a win. If your glasses are rosy enough, you’ll find a way to defend Lucic. I tried for years, but eventually no amount of rose colouring could make it OK. It’s painfully obvious to any objective person that EDM won the trade.

You can’t win them all. Get over it, move on, quit letting it get you in the mind.