View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
As the fellow with the German trained dogs has pointed out this is a skill that they test for, and Elk's dog and mine (GWP and PP) are tested in the same system.

I don't hunt big game but I am out there hunting birds when other people are hunting big game. It has been mentioned that there are "dog handlers" who track wounded game for hunters. In the states and Europe this is true for sure.

I don't think it would be such a stretch to help someone find a deer that they had shot with my dogs. I'm tracking,not hunting. We run tests in Canada and in Alberta where the dogs are tested for that ability, handlers train their dogs to blood track right here in Alberta.

If I was hunting pheasants and one of you asked politely if my dog could help find your deer so that it wasn't lost, I'd probably do it.
So you would break the law and perhaps face a stiff fine and loss of hunting privelages if someone asked you politely? I know it sounds silly, but thats the way the law is now. Tracking and retrieving a wounded big game animal is still considered hunting. But hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it.