Thread: Old Vehicle ID.
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Your Grandpa is dressed pretty fine for stoking bundles of Grain!!!

Rare to find anyone who even knows what I am talking about these days, but it was pure effort to cut and dry grain for a thresher in those days.

Only did it once as a kid. Was on a field of oats and Half the stokes I did fell over.

Drewski
Turns out Grandpa had a real eye for the ladies. I never in real life saw him out of a suit. Married in 1929 Divorced my grandmother in 1937 when my Mom was 2 years old. He had a rather large string of live-in girlfriends until the day he died He came from a large family and was the only one that was shined up.

Because she was a single parent , my grandmother lived with us and raised us kids from 1953 to she died in the 80's.

My mother was super social, absolutely doted on her Dad and hosted family dinners every Sunday. I never understood the dynamic as a kid, but in retrospect Grandpa brought his women over for dinner every week , while my Grandmother cooked and cleaned for everyone.

Granny loved beer, and usually had straight Rye in her teacup. Her name was Ethel. My Dad teased her for that and nicknamed her Ethyl Alcohol.

As an adult I understand why she had a taste for some relief. Having her nose ground into his relationship status every week

I also inherited his Old Spice Cup and new in box Shaving Kit from England. Essential gear for his success with the ladies.

Last edited by omega50; 04-24-2018 at 12:01 PM.