View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 10:20 AM

Default Spring 2018 Gopher "forecast"

Hey guys...this might sound like a nutty question, but hear me out.. In about a month's time, my nephew and I will be headed to SW Alberta to bring the fight to the gophers. We were out there in 2016 and not only had a great time...the gophers were quite literally everywhere. It was a much warmer (early) spring of course, which probably played a big part in the success we had. We are headed-out either way, and I'll be shipping my 22 ammo in about 2-week's time. Question is this~how likely is it that the long winter/late spring might have severely impacted gopher populations? I guess it's subjective, so more looking for opinions/experiences I guess.

I love Alberta, and have made some great friends there...so I know it'll be a great time no matter what, just wondering if there is merit in sending less ammo...or...if there is any likliehood it'll be business as usual!

Post-shoot beers and beef jerky~pretty sure the weather will have no effect on those plans!

Thanks for taking a moment to respond and yes...I've been watching the 2018 gopher thread and am feeling somewhat optimistic!