Thread: Rem 350 Mag
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
350 Rem Mag
Just picked up a Rem M700 Classic 350 Rem Mag rifle - 22 " Barrel with sights ! Anyone shooting a 350 Rem Mag on here ? if so what model rifle ? and whats your take on the Cartridge ? Any Game down with it ? RJ

Can't help with the 350 but I went to a 35 Whelen a while back, (same cal anyways), and love it. Prefer long actions to short, 30-06 brass literally everywhere, easy Accubond fit, no belt, and slightly milder recoil.

I guess I'm not sounding very favorable to the .350 and that wasn't/isnt my intention. I don't know it real well. In my case I just wanted serious thump with manageable recoil, did a lot of reading for a long time, and couldn't find anything more suitable for my uses. Turned out the rifle is ridiculously accurate to boot and I'll attribute a lot of that to a very fine member of this forum and an amazing bedding job.

I was assuming you wanted a smaller carbine rifle like a 600 for bush pushing which the 350 does very well, but we're both shooting the same rifle and barrel length.

You won't have to look far for a blood trail when you hit something.

Last edited by 270person; 05-15-2020 at 08:58 PM.