View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 02:16 PM

Default Lund Hull issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Unfortunately all the new Boston Walers are Mercs.

I personally prefer the Yamaha twins for anything over 200hp per engine.

Honda's are great too but they max out at 225/250 hp.

Seems to me the only time you see Mercs in the salt is in Florida. Very few on the coast out here I think (at least far fewer compared to other brands).

Yea to see a merc here is as rare as rocking horse chit. I don’t know if I’ve seen five of them in the past year. The saltwater market is disproportionately OWNED by Suzuki here, then Yamaha and between those two they easily command 90+% of the market. Honda fits in with mercury, probably haven’t seen more then a half dozen of them.

The real sin is that most of the yank built boats are low at the gunnels toward the stern. I haven’t climbed in a 285 conquest yet but it appears to maintain some height around the dance floor which we need because we don’t get the calm seas the ‘mericans are spoiled with.

I need something a little bigger to sleep the family and be able to put a gyro in. The wife’s prone to getting sick in seas over a meter, meter and a half and she won’t sleep five on the boat we’ve got. Later this week I’ll take the boys to a chain of islands about 400km north and 60km offshore for a few days of fishing and with a larger boat the girls could come too.

We are going to sleep inside the lagoon here on lady Musgrave and fish north up the string of islands. Probably more reconnaissance then success being as I’ve never been there but a mans got to start somewhere.

Last edited by Coiloil37; 08-17-2020 at 02:23 PM.