View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL_JR View Post
Oh trust me I'm far from upset and I never took anything as a personal attack, I find it incredibly ironic however that you would make a comment to me about being objective. You get a little up tight when Lund is mentioned in a negative light you can't deny that. That is a fact. If you read through a previous post of mine I said I wouldn't be opposed to a riveted boat from a few manufacturers. Lund is not top of the list but depending on what I'm getting for what I'm paying sure a possibility.

Why you went on long winded tangent about boat characteristics and manufacturers you won't mention is a bit of a head scratcher.

The "anyone who's anyone" comment of the quote you prefaced your post with is what struck me as hilarious and I have no issue addressing stuff like that. It's a silly argument to even vaguely link a persons worth as a fisherman/outdoorsmen with the equipment they choose to run.
I didn't say "anyone who is anyone" - where did I say that? go back and read it ????

Anyhow .... Nah - don't get me wrong here - It's not even about being "brand loyal" or "blindly defensive" - like I mentioned there are at 3 other brands (for inland, recreational, high production factory boats) I would consider to be every bit as good.

The only reason I went there is based on you quoting me - go back and have a look at what you said - I think my response was appropriate and proportionate. Either way - I'm not interested in offending anyone and I certainly didn't intent to do that.

If you look at my post, I said, All those brands will have many of those items I listed many people don't look at - and quite sincerely, I wish they did - they would save themselves alot of trouble.

In terms of what someone buys or uses in terms of brand, I don't really see that at all as "someone's worth" I have no idea where you get that - and that's precisely why I didn't mention the names of a few brands that are absolute, undeniable, junk. They are - and I'm not here trying to offend anyone - so I didn't mention them. There also was (not sure if they still are) sponsors on this website that carry this brand and some post have been removed when "the truth" about the quality of that brand comes out.

I am not so old that I can't remember when I couldn't buy what I wanted and had to settle for less - I've had leaky tinners, crappy bubble windshield glass boats and a whole host of crap to deal with - and even a few "other brands" (not the 4 mentioned) as brand new boats - and many were junk. It's incomparable. And based on that, I would offer my opinion is objective. The fact that I am confident and adamant in my opinion doesn't mean I'm not objective.

Either way - no big deal - I'm just trying to be transparent, direct and honest in what I'm saying and backing it up with examples.

Last edited by EZM; 08-15-2020 at 07:42 PM.