View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 11:54 AM

I've been think about this too. I am in the planning stages since my kids are still young.

I see it as a fine line. What I plan to do could very well change but this is my plan as of now.

I will help the kids get their first vehicle and will pay for a reliable vehicle. If they want anything newer or different I will pay half after the amount for a reliable truck. Within reason (Asked them what they want for first vehicle. Son wants a monster truck and daughter wants my '77 vette)

Still undecided for schooling if it will be a lump sum or pay half ect. I have seen too many kids have all schooling payed for and end up taking twice as long to get a degree because they have no financial strain if they fail a class or take a few years more.

Down payment for a house. I plan to pay half of their down payments.

Like I said this could all change but it's just what I am planning for.

I got travel luggage for my 18th birthday and got told to use it... That was the last help I got. Things have turned out alright for me and I have no hard feelings since the money wasn't there. I do think it would have been a better start with some help but I like to look at what I do have and know I worked for it.