View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Haha thanks. Nah it's derived from the town of Wildwood where we used to hunt and camp nearby. As a side note-I think that's great you read to your kids! My mom used to when we were little and the love of reading spawned. Gonna have to look that book up now...
Don't sweat the shot you didn't take. I let another one walk before harvesting this guy. Comparable size too. In the end, regardless what happened, I was happy I gave myself a chance to take a really good one. That didn't materialize but I am happy with this 4x4. He was a very mature deer and looked like he's on the decline.
Trying to find a video editor comparable to movie maker (windows discontinued it) so I can post video and story. Bear with me...
Lol, and all this time I thought it was from the Wind in the Willows. I've got a freezer full of meat and 9 full days left to hunt so its a good time to be picky, but like I said, a big timber deer that mature is a trophy regardless of his headgear... your gonna need a sturdy shed to hang that guy in.