View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 09:42 PM

Default Access to leased grasing land denied but is this bogus??

So on a recent antelope hunt down south I attempted to contact a few lease holders to obtain access permission. One particular lease holder controls massive amounts of leased grazing land, conservatively he has lease rites to over well over 20 square miles, maybe even more. Anyway I phoned him and he said he was not going to give out permission over the phone, but I was to come to the ranch door and he could then explain to me where his cattle were and what areas to avoid. I said thanks and I will see you Sunday morning.

However when I got there he told me that due to large hunter numbers he was cutting off permission to any further access!

My question is this, is this even legit!!! If so at what number does he use? 100? 10? 5, his brother-in-law only??

With over 20 square miles of space how can this be justified? In the entire time I was there I never saw a single hunter on his leased land. I did see a few cattle in a few spots but there was no way the entire leased lands were occupied by cattle.

Here is a guy who holds the lease to a very large trac of land, does not own a teaspoon of it and yet denies access to it because in his opinion hunter densities were too large.
Is this a bogus or legit reason???