Thread: Wolf Traps
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 09:00 PM
AO Sponsor

Tom Cruise lives in Brooks... He's even a trapper, look him up!

Chain length... I am assuming that you got herself an authentic Dan Lay trap sitting at your feet?!! And it does look a little shy on the swivel department! Nasty!!! I'm sure it's a fine trap but swivels swivels swivels, can't have too many, and PLEASE, a Conners in-line shock spring? At a minimum you need swivels at the trap and swivels at the stake, then we should all be using a shock spring so swivels at both ends. Swivels make for no torsioned shoulders and no broken legs. Where'd you get that trap from?

Chain length... Never short unless you are forced to set beside a barb wire fence or some weird scenario, we all encounter things and you need a shorter chain so your critter doesn't get into the wire; thus the exception and not the rule. If I am a wolf trapper, never on a short chain but always on a long chain 12' to 15' and a serious plow at the the end of the thing, wide sharp and nasty. Heavy is good too. If I am a coyote trapper then always on a long chain whether staked or dragged.

Animals on long chains... One word, "Content"

Animals on short chains... One word, "ALWAYS EXTREMELY UNHAPPY"

Okay, three words but I made my point.