Thread: Sheep Hunting
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
That is a ton of sheep hunting if you got 2 months in a year for sure. I didn't want to debate your experience just wanted to see some dead ram pics! lol I would bet you have some good ones if you are spending that kind of time in the field. If you don't want to share the pics I get it. Feel free to PM me them if you want
it is a privilege for sure, though 95% of my time spent sheep hunting is as a guide. It’s the only way I’m able to afford that much time spent hunting sheep. So unfortunately the pictures I do have aren’t really mine to share. Even though I’m fully involved in the hunt it wouldn’t be right to show off someone else’s sheep. I really appreciate the guys who are willing to share pics of their sheep or sheep they’ve seen and Eventually when I kill my own I’ll glady share. I’ve missed a couple good ones that haunt me still, seems to work out better when I’m not the guy pulling the trigger.

To me the climax to a sheep hunt is just spotting a big ram. I love starring at a ram through the scope, to me it’s all part of the ritual. There’s the whole series of events leading up to the moment you spot a mature ram, then it’s the sequence of judging, stalk, shot, caping and packing out. I love every part of it, and everyone is gunna enjoy it differently, but the biggest rush to me is just watching him through the scope. I’d hate to have a new sheep hunter miss out on that part of experience. Sometimes sheep hunting gets broken down into numbers and science a little to much I think. It’s not always about efficiency. Even if you spot a ram you know isn’t legal its fun to watch them through the scope for a while.