View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 11:44 AM

I got some LED headlights on my '12 F150 and they've been great. I opted for LED's because they tend to have a lot less glare than HID in a factory housing. I also researched for about a month on what ones to get so I wouldn't be the douche blinding on coming traffic, or shining my bright lights into the rear of cars. HID's are great if you plan to retrofit projectors, but you need to go with a quality kit or they'll typically fail in less than a year.

The ones I settled on were recommended and tested by a company that sells lighting upgrades out of the US. They have a YouTube channel with a lot of great information, and even compared the actual beam spread to stock halogen lights in the F150 housing.

So far I haven't been flashed once and the beam pattern cuts off evenly at the trunk of cars. My Wife also was in front of me a few weeks ago and said she didn't notice them being obnoxious like some other vehicles with HID's can be. That being said, the high beams are very bright and will definitely **** off on coming traffic!

Oh, and Silver Stars and the like are junk. I've had a few pairs that have all burnt out in a year or less. They sacrifice longevity for slightly more output.