View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Yeti, thanks for sharing what you experienced and bringing this up. I appreciate it. Thank you!
Question for you, if I missed it, did they say why at this meeting they needed to close it down? To recover bull trout and other native species? I'm asking as I would like to make sure. Based on all the surveys and crap that would seem to be obvious.

Nothing has changed for me since those surveys came out. I voiced I was not in favor of closures on the comments and emailed the contact person as well. I will certainly email others listed on this thread. I do agree with BigBadBlair to keep it well worded and calm. Even though it is tough to do so....
Snap - it pains me to think of possibly losing 5 more systems for 5 years. Depends on the FSI calculated at that point in time. It may be 7yrs as Rav has indicated??? Maybe, maybe, maybe.

WTF????

It's only the beginning of band-aiding our fledgling rivers.

I think it's time to voice our opinions and grab the attention of our government.

Blair - I would personally apologize to the bio's when I see them. I would be open to how we should approach this going forward.

Maybe the timing on fighting the 5.5% (5 out of 90) isn't right. I'm a born-raised Albertan. I taught myself to fly fish over 27 years ago. Alberta runs through me. These ARE my home waters.

What can we do?? How do we get heard?