View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
The greed part is having 9 of the 10 balls on the playground, and yelling and screaming like a child because you want the 10th ball too.

In actuality it’s more like 98 of the 100 balls overall in the province. Outfitters only get about 2% of the allocated tags overall.

I don’t want it doubled, and it some cases where the numbers are currently off it should be adjusted. But that’s entirely different then wanting every allocation in the province on draw eliminated.

I’m not sure who’s making a substandard living but perhaps they should revamp their business model. Covid years aside of course

So with that mindset Tork, why are outfitters and APOS willing to bring heat on their organizations knowing that many allocations for certain species in many WMU’s in this province are above the maximum of 10% of resident tags?

Why have outfitters and APOS not collaborated with and enabled AEP to get the 5 year outfitters allocation review finalized and signed that expired in 2017 and has now become a 10+ year outfitter review?

You know why?
Because outfitters are making more money for their outfits on those extra allocations above the 10% and it doesn’t bother them one bit knowing those extra allocations should be going to a resident who now has to wait longer to be drawn for that tag.

Outfitters getting those allocations above the 10%-more $$ in their pockets, often the same clients buying those tags year after year.
Resident who should be getting those allocations above the 10%-quality hunts with friends and family that are only possible every few years, bonus is a full freezer if successful(no $$ in their pockets).

I think outfitters and APOS have definitely shown their greed with the way the current system is run.
It will be interesting to see if these current oversights with the higher than 10% outfitter allocations will be corrected in the next “10year” outfitter allocation review(whenever that will finally be signed). I doubt very much that outfitters and APOS will speak up if there are still oversights then that affect residents….