View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Thus I would guess by the same argument, anyone can cut timber on a forestry companies FMA and perhaps fill up a couple drums of oil from a well site in the green area.
I don’t believe filling a couple of oil drums would be legal, but there are rules surrounding cutting timber. Here is the link https://www.alberta.ca/tree-cutting-permits.aspx. I’ve cut a bit of firewood over the years.

BGW, I’m not trying to be argumentative. All I’m saying is that the law permits it. Would I set up where a trapper is actively trapping...absolutely not. Nor would I go cutting a bunch of birch down within a short proximately of his cabin for firewood. But a hunter is certainly within his right to try his luck for wolves on crown land that falls on a registered trap line.

For full disclosure. I don’t have the patience for wolf hunting, but I wouldn’t think twice about shooting one if I had the legal opportunity. I’m also happy for the hunters that successfully harvest a wolf where I’m trapping them. Whatever saves the ungulates from getting decimated is good for me.