View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
People need to think first.

Driving is a privilege. Liberty doesn't allow one to tread on others rights.

The right for everyone to be safe on the roads trumps your piddly idea of "how dare you stop me".....

LEO's have had the authority to stop anyone operating on a highway at anytime to check documentation, mechanical safety and sobriety.

Nothing is changing here. What is changing is the ability to make sure everyone is compliant.

The government loses money everytime someone is charged with impaired driving. There is no reward for them other than public safety.

So is it your paranoid desire to believe you are important enough to have a vendetta against you?

Its minutes out of your life to use an ASD roadside. It will get more unpaired drivers off the road.

I don't think people understand the epidemic drunk driving is actually.
I understand your point Rem but for myself it is the gradual erosion of all my rights which has become a very slippery slope that I struggle with. The loss in personal freedoms is getting worse with every turn. If it is about public safety why do they allow part of the population to ride motorcycles without helmets?
Having speed traps at the bottom of hills etc. is not about safety either.....There is a very long list of the abuses of power that results in many losses of personal freedom the people of this country suffer from and it is getting worse. The RCMP and firearms? Where will that one end?