View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb8er View Post
How do you like the LX9? Has both the sonar and camera? Both work in laker deep water? The unit intrigues me, just not sure I want a 2in1 system. Got to play some with the LiveScope/panoptics a couple weeks ago and think I'd like a separate head that I could add that to.

Who is Gussy BTW?
I can't say about laker deep water as I have never run it deeper than 12 feet to date. I have used the sonar side to 30 feet when locating bottom and it works very well. It's neat that you can overlay different screen options on while running the camera but 99% of the time once I am set up I just run the camera by itself. I LOVE the built in recording feature, especially pre-record. You can select from 1 to 15 minute video captions. If you catch a fish once you land it you click on one of the arrow buttons and it saves the past number of minutes you pre-selected up to when you pushed the button so you have your strike and fight recorded if they were visible without having to leave the camera on continuous record. I got some great pike action on it this past winter including a 15lb-11oz that hammered a 2 3/4" perch rattlebait I was jigging. It came up and bumped the camera. I jigged a couple hard short strokes to make some noise and sure enough it turned, looked at my jig and swam over and inhaled it. Got it all on video. Was really cool. The Lithium battery is great. How long it will last I do not know but I have put two 10 hour days back to back without running out of power.